Move Over Twilight, Make Room for Blood!


Now this is my kind of vampire movie. Let's see...swords--check, martial arts--check, old-time settings--check, cute asian girls--check (Koyuki--nice), no sparkling vampire skin--bonus!

BLOOD, THE LAST VAMPIRE tells the story of a mysterious girl known as Saya (Gianna Jun), who is employed by a covert US government agency to eradicate a species of vampire-demons that is about to threaten mankind. Half-demon herself, and armed with just a samurai sword and a whole bunch of attitude, Saya kicks vampire ass like nobody you have ever seen before.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like it's coming stateside any time soon. I'm hoping it does or at least get a dvd release. I guess Underworld: Rise of the Lycans can hold me over until then...

Sidenote: I finally saw Twilight the movie a couple of weeks ago and just like the book (yes, I've read it) it only got interesting at the very end. I'm probably gonna stay away from anymore teenage-vampire-love story themes from now on unless it has the above qualifications.

No comments:

Post a Comment