Representing the 408

It's been over a month since I left the Fox and so far its been cool. It takes 15 minutes to get to work with traffic and going home less than 10. The best part--no more paying toll! And yes, I still do not have FasTrak. As far as food goes, Burger King, McDonald's, & Wendy's are less than 5 minutes away. Unfortunately, Jack in the Box, Carl's Jr., & In n' Out are a bit farther but still worth the sacrifice. I love burgers! There's a bunch of Filipino restaurants nearby too, but I haven't checked them out yet. I've been definitely craving some toscilog so maybe sometime this week. I should really start to learn how to cook.

I think all I need now is a vacuum cleaner, a couple of bar stools, and another floor lamp and maybe I'll start inviting people over. This ain't no Club Caspar, but it'll do. So guys, if you need to get away from your nagging girlfriends or wives, feeling like your manhood is slipping away, or just need a little bit of slack from that ball and chain feel free to come over and we'll head on over to Sporty's, the Kit Kat Club, or the Brass Rail to help you alleviate your issues. Ladies, I have 3 stripper poles if you feel like practicing. I hear its a great workout. I'm just kidding folks! I'm just hoping I get more visits this year than Fred.  

On a sad note, Comcast finally stopped giving me free cable. The previous tenant never cancelled his service and I was getting free cable under his name. I'm guessing Comcast finally figured it out. Damn you Comcast! I'm still debating on whether I should get cable or not because 1) having cable makes you less productive and 2) it's not really useful unless you have a Tivo or some sort of DVR and I'm not sure that's in my budget yet. See what happens then...

I've decided that 2009 is all about making new habits, trying to be a better person, and appreciating where I am, who I am, and what I have. It's not going to be an easy year for many people, but if we surround ourselves with our loved ones, friends, and family--as my Dad would say,"It'll always get better!"

I would just like to thank everyone again who helped me move: Ro and Brian--thanks for lifting heavy stuff, Mike--thanks for the couch, Isleen--thanks for the kitchen essentials, Brother--thanks for the microwave and driving back and forth, Dad--thanks for helping me with the Ikea stuff, and a big thank you to Jason and Joy for not complaining when I would walk naked around the house these past 4 years. Just don't post any pictures up on Facebook! Seriously though, I can't thank you guys enough...

3 comments:

  1. Dude.. what if i want to get away from my husband? you didnt give me an option... and you KNOW my pregnant ass cant be up on no pole..

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe you can get the barstools and rizzi could just spin on them instead of the stripper pole.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are hella funny MIKE... Aww Archie! We MISS YOU!! You are ALWAYS welcome in our house (duh - you have a spare key!).

    ReplyDelete