New Sade Album This Year - Update



...I do feel a responsibility when we're making the music to create something with love in it...
-Sade Adu



Back in April '09 I heard a rumor that Sade was back in the studio. Well obviously the rumor was true. Sade is back with her new album Soldier of Love. It's been 10 long years since Lovers Rock and she and her band still have it. Listening to her music just brings back a certain nostalgia and a feeling of simplicity that's uncommon nowadays. No T-Pain autotune, no Timbaland beats, no Lil Wayne cameos--just straight r&b Sade style. It's heavy on the emotions, but this time around you feel a sense of a nurturing/motherly tone. I've had the song "In Another Time" on repeat since I bought the cd. It's a great song to slow dance to...I'm just sayin'.

I still say Love Deluxe is her best album, but if you're a Sade fan you can't miss this one. I'd be a soldier in her army. I mean, if you're not fighting for love then what are you fighting for? In the immortal words of Flight of the Conchords, "If every soldier in the world put down his weapon and picked up a woman what a peaceful world this world would be...Redheads not warheads. Blondes not bombs. We're talkin' about brunettes not fighter jets..."

Check out a great article on Sade's return here.



Banner pic courtesy of Sade.com

No comments:

Post a Comment